Tuesday, May 15, 2007

From My Desktop to Yours.

My last post garnered a comment from an Italian blogger asking for a picture of my "PC table." I wasn't quite sure what that meant (though jgerardi's follow-up comment clued me in), thinking maybe it was some kind of computer jargon I wasn't familiar with. I went to their Blogger profile and found that, indeed, their blog simply features pics of the tables or whatever where folks have their computers.

I thought about submitting a pic, but then figured, screw them, I should just post one here. So I took a photo, but then I thought it would be funny to adorn my desk with random weird junk, as it is practically bare with only boring, functional items on it--crummy printer, cup of pens and Sharpies, drawer organizer. (I also thought it would be funny to put my computer on the back of The Feeb, naked on all fours. Funny... and hot. But far too complicated. He'd have to come all the way over here, there's moving the PC and all those wires, I'd have to patiently part his back hair to ensure it would sit right... Anyway.) So I grabbed a couple things and put them out.

Then I remembered that I have an item I wanted to put on eBay--a program from the 1958 Portland Parade of Roses. The Rose Festival is next month, so I wanted to get it on there while people might be searching the internets for such related crap. So I did that instead. So now I just have this pic, with only two (well, technically three) pieces of random weird junk.
So I promise to take another pic at some point with tons of stupid tchotchkes strewn about, and whomever can correctly identify the most within a certain time frame will get an appropriately worthless prize. In the meantime, what are the not-usually-there items in this picture? (Clicking on the pic for a closer look might help.) What's on the screen also ties in with my last post...

4 Comments:

Blogger JGerardi said...

You have some sort of Intellivision borchure back there along with the Burger King Star Wars glass.
And I really wish you would have put a computer on some naked person's back and sent it to that website, I laughed out loud thinking of that picture.

Tue May 15, 08:53:00 AM 2007  
Blogger MO'SH said...

That's an old Channel 4 (NBC), you know, uh TV Station...thing as your PC wallpaper. Right?

Tue May 15, 04:32:00 PM 2007  
Blogger psaur said...

j., well done, I was hoping you'd specifically mention that it's a Burger King glass... I have the Darth and the droids '77 glasses, plus four Empire glasses.

The Intellivision boards are store displays that I got at a garage sale for nothing--this woman had tons of weird stuff that she was throwing out on the last day. I got two sets of two, plus the panels that held the controllers so you could play in-store.

And Fishworker, it's called a test pattern, fer chrissakes. It's not my wallpaper--yet--it was actually playing when I took the shot. I find that droning whine comforting. It means "Agriculture USA" will be on any minute, the unbelievably boring show that preceded five super-stuporific hours of cartoons.

Tue May 15, 08:58:00 PM 2007  
Blogger MO'SH said...

Oh yeah, that's right. I should get used to test patterns -- I just downgraded my cable! I'll just have to spend more time on the internets.

Tue May 15, 09:34:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home