Saturday, May 05, 2007

Gilmores Gone.

It's been a week of disturbing news. At least three of the 10 Republican candidates at this Thursday's debate don't believe in evolution. Paris Hilton is going to jail, where she will undoubtedly be passed around like the inflatable sex doll that she is--I bet she'd even fit through the bars for easy cell-to-cell sharing. But worst of all--way, way worst of all--Gilmore Girls is done after seven seasons.

The Reuters article indicates that the show wasn't exactly canceled; it appears the actresses playing the titular girls (haw haw!) didn't accept whatever the network was offering. Well, all I can say to them is I hope you're happy--you made my wife cry! Yes, it's true. Donna had a sobbing fit for about half a minute, until she finally had no choice but to join me in my heartless, unsympathetic laughter.

Of course there is much speculation and boohooing over at the Google GG group, and from what I read in those posts, there is little hope of the last episode on May 15 being a series finale--it wasn't written that way, and it's too late for scenes to be reshot. When the show's creator left last season, she said she knew exactly how she wanted the last four eps to play out. Perhaps we'll never know, unless a TV movie deal pops up. What a gyp!

If you want to check out the show for yourself, it just began again from the beginning on ABC Family. The pilot was on today at its regular time of 5 pm, but they rerun episodes the following day at 11 am, meaning it will be on Monday at that time. Tape or TiVo it and then continue from there. I suppose the final season playing out now will be added to this syndication cycle.

It was a good run for a swell show. I'm gonna miss it. Sniff.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Kunath said...

I'd give Brownback to get more Gilmore!

Sat May 05, 08:25:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home