Friday, May 25, 2007

Pix! Pix! Pix!

This is your WPIX Pixxx pal of the day, Felix Unger of The Odd Couple. If you are chosen to play the Pix video game, I think you'll get a bonus prize or something if you can name him...

Oh, wait, I thought it was 1981 for a second. It happens every day, more or less. The Pix game was played during the commercial breaks among afternoon cartoons on channel 11. The games were Intellivision video games. I think they used one called Sharp Shot, with four shooting games. I only remember them using the football passing and the spaceships. (The others were a submarine battle and some kind of mazes-and-monsters thing. I know because I have it.)

You could always tell which kids playing didn't have the phone near the TV, as they'd just blurt "PIX-PIX-PIXPIX-PIX-PIX-PIXPIXPIX-PIX!!!" I remember my pal Jeff telling me he saw the Pix contest one day and he heard an irate mother in the background yell "Jimmy, get the hell off the phone!"

1 Comments:

Blogger MO'SH said...

Wasn't Mary C. on TV Pix once?

Sat May 26, 07:30:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home