Saturday, November 20, 2021

Newsday TV Book, November 19-25, 1978 (Part 2).

I first took an all-too-brief look at this issue, covering the week of Thanksgiving, back in 2006. I mentioned at the end that I hoped to add more. Well, now I have! And it only took fifteen years!

I'm just going to put up the listings for that Thursday, Friday and Saturday, maybe throw in a comment as I see fit (or have time to).
That morning and afternoon featured yer various parades, Famous Classic Tales, and... Nothing Scared?
(Click to enlarge.)

Mighty Joe Young and King Kong!
Son of Kong and prime-time Woody Woodpecker.
Celebrate with the detectives of Barney Miller, or the cons of Sing-Sing.
If you were still feeling nostalgic for Halloween, you could enjoy a late Seance or Cobra Woman.
Friday brought Godzilla and his wacky pals, and... Yellow Submarine?!? I don't remember that at all!
Channel 9 gave you even more Godzilla, if you could handle it.
Saturday gave us Vampire Men, a Human Vapor, and a Beast of great depth.
A Viskupic illustration with a note from the man himself!
The season's first airing of Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol, butchered into an hour slot.
I wonder if Dick Clark's look at the "good old days" of Philadelphia
happened to mention the race riots...
Some classic flicks, a notable Saturday Night Live, and WOR's "Fright Night" serving up a big old slab o' Rondo Hatton.
I don't know about you but I'm stuffed! Oh, alright, here's just a little bit more, an ad for my local favorite, the Nassau Farmers Market!
And one more as a palate cleanser--a tasteful ad for the Jolly Swagman Inn!
Happy Thanksgiving!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home