Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Dirty Tricks, 2006.

Although I try to avoid putting anything current into my posts, sometimes the present creeps sickeningly into my consciousness and I feel compelled to comment on the latest criminal action Bushie-Bush and his abettors are foisting on America and the world. Then, when I sit down to write it, I'm usually so angry and frustrated that I give up on it completely (which is exactly what that little piggie Karl Rove wants and expects us to do). So in the interest of showing that I do in fact maintain a horrified interest in current events, I'm adding a few links on my sidebar, one for Rachel Maddow's blog at the Air America site, another for Jim Hightower's site, where he regularly skewers our immoral administration, and another for The Nation. At these sites you will find all the news that you may not hear from your major news outlets, such as Rumsfeld's goal of making all Americans subject to super-secret military tribunals, our administration's viewing of the Israel-Lebanon war as a beta test for invading Iran, or the Christian right's vile plan to exacerbate that crisis in order to facilitate the Second Coming. (No, no links--look those up yourself!)

So when you've had your fill of nonsense here, click on one of those links and do your homework...

God, just mentioning Rove and Rummy in one post makes me feel so dirty. As a kind of ablution, I now offer this pic from a 1975 TV Guide of 67-year-old Buddy Ebsen dressed like Mick Ronson.

Oh crap, I feel even dirtier now...

2 Comments:

Blogger MO'SH said...

I think that IS Mick Ronson!

Wed Aug 16, 06:23:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it would be funnier if karl rove was giving head to buddys guitar.

love,
the feeb

Sat Aug 19, 01:48:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home