Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Gilmorepalooza!


Just a reminder that 8 o'clock tonight is the season finale of Gilmore Girls, a WB show I watch and enjoy religiously. If you aren't familiar with the witty comedy of manners, revolving around a sassy innkeeperess (?) and her brainiac daughter, you can start checking out the reruns of previous seasons that air on ABC Family at 5pm daily (repeated at 10:30am the following day). They just started from the very beginning a week ago, so if you jump in now you won't have missed much. This season has been a little weak, but generally it's a damn fine program. I know it looks wicked gay on the surface, but just trust me. I resisted at first, but I was hooked before too long.

Tonight's episode has the local streetcorner musician (played by Grant Lee Phillips, formerly of Grant Lee Buffalo) discovered by an agent. This apparently leads to an assemblage of other small-town troubadours, played by Yo La Tengo, Sonic Youth, Sparks, Joe Pernice, and Sam Phillips. In other events, Lorelai and Luke may be on the outs, and Logan unfortunately didn't die while base-jumping. Also, this looks to be the last ep helmed by the show's creators, who have left over contract disputes. I hope the new producers and writers realize it's never too late to have Logan meet some other disastrous, bloody demise.

6 Comments:

Blogger MO'SH said...

Psst...it looks wicked gay beneath the surface as well.

But, hey, Sonic Youth? Yo La Tengo? I'm watching it!

Tue May 09, 09:03:00 PM 2006  
Blogger psaur said...

I added the pic of Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel in response to your comment. Who's gay now? (Answer: You.)

Tue May 09, 09:38:00 PM 2006  
Blogger MO'SH said...

All right, I watched. That little chickie in the 60s Mod outfit -- that was good.

Wed May 10, 03:17:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah. and how about coco moore/gordon?

Sat May 13, 06:56:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Morsel said...

Too gay for me! :-) (Actually, I've never seen it.)

Sun May 14, 12:36:00 PM 2006  
Blogger MO'SH said...

All right, enough with the Gilmore Girls. Let's move on...

Mon May 22, 10:40:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home