Monday, October 24, 2005

Me, as the Collegeville Frankenstein.

I think I was in second grade, maybe first (which would make it 1975) at the rather-liberal-but-still-pretty-darn-Catholic St. Pius X. I was dragged out of my class and forced to have this pic taken in another grade's classroom.
My mother made the scarecrow, hence I was granted the dubious honor of posing with it in front of older kids I didn't know. You can see the embarrassment in my feet, curdled into a strange, abashed rictus. Also evident is the fact that no combs were available at St. Pius, although it's entirely possible I left the house looking like that.
(See the Collegeville Frankenstein in a Toys R Us ad, plus your fledgeling Non-Parader as a hobo in this other post over here...)

4 Comments:

Blogger MO'SH said...

No, no comb. Not for at least another five years, by my estimation.

Tue Oct 25, 12:38:00 AM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which ones the scarecrow?

Tue Oct 25, 03:08:00 PM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

grammer correction:

Which one's the scarecrow?

Tue Oct 25, 03:09:00 PM 2005  
Blogger MO'SH said...

Spelling correction:
it's grammar.

Tue Oct 25, 09:39:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home