Sunday, July 10, 2016

Newsday TV Book, July 9-15, 1972.

This week's edition brings, at last, a Gary Viskupic color cover, with Walter Cronkite pensively anchoring the Democratic National Convention in Miami Beach.
UPDATED 2022: New! Old content improved, more content added--like it or not!
(Click on pics to super-size.)
 
NEW! The story to go with the cover!
In this week's TV Line, Carol Burton Terry fills us in on Gordon Barnes, Kevin Tighe, Sonny Curtis, key grips and Night Gallery paintings. My favorite is the first entry, with its terse, unpunctuated answer (which is due to the asker demanding a quick reply, but it also seems appropriate for the most staggeringly trivial question one can imagine)...
  The network line-up for the Convention. I'd vote for any one of these news anchors before Rump.
Remember these things? Me either, but I think my phone could use a wrist strap.

NEW! Here's the sched for Wednesday afternoon, to see what Long Island kids were watching (if it was raining). Plus, a Barbara Eden-lookalike hits her knees for the Paramount Spa on Route 110 in Huntington--right by Korvette's!
I wanted to add this Vaudeville-style program close-up (Pegleg Bates!), then figured I'd just offer the whole Wednesday night listings. Some great Cashman reviews there...

...and here's a Cashman review of Room Service from the following night.
Hey Eric Lawrence, wouldn't having confidence mean you'd skip
slapping a carpet sample on your head in the first place?

NEW! All of Saturday, including some minor Viskupic for the British Open Golf Tournament.


NEW! For no reason, I offer the "Crosswords." Hmm, 27 Down: "Me and ___ Chimp," three letters... I've never heard of it, so I'll just guess... Sir?

At last, the back cover, and what a beaut it is! The Colonial Shoppes offer this as a three-piece set, but for me that king-size gold-and-patchwork swivel rocker alone would be worth the price!
Spectacular and unbelievable indeed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home