Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Newsday TV Book, November 19-25, 1978.


Steven Macht and Aimee Eccles star in The Immigrants. Turkey, anyone? (Aimee also played Jack Crabb's wife, Sunshine, in Little Big Man.)
Other than that epic potboiler, the week in television saw Mickey Mouse celebrating his 50th birthday (being saluted by luminaries such as O.J. Simpson and Jan-Michael Vincent), Suzanne Somers on the hot seat of the Dean Martin roast (much as she's currently being roasted by the legitimate medical community), and Dick Clark's Good Old Days reliving the Philadelphia of 1955-65 (presumably skipping the race riots of '64).

Here's a question from the TV Line column, where dim Long Islanders ask some real doozies on the subject of television. This one is actually pretty interesting though.

I love this ad for a paper goods store. I doubt it's enough to put me off my dinner, but it is rather chilling for the main course to advise me on how to dispose of his bones. (Look at the turkey's ass.)

Here's the box featuring the parades of the day. The listing for the Macy's parade says Ed McMahon is the host, with Bruce Jenner, Melba Moore, and Shields and Yarnell appearing. My god, it was never good!

I had hoped to have more up for Thanksgiving, but it's over now so on to Christmas...

1 Comments:

Blogger MO'SH said...

Here's my mission for you: Find an ad for the Mattinecock Dairy. Did they ever even advertise? Maybe on the back of the St. Pius Chuch Bulletin.

Wait...I might have one of those around...

Tue Nov 21, 09:28:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home