Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Happy Birthday, Dad.

My dad's birthday was a few days ago, and the anniversary of his death two days after that. I wasn't going to post anything, but now that I'm here and posting stuff I thought I may as well put my remembrance from my other site here. [6/19/16 note: That site is kaput, so the story is now here, on this very blog.] It's never easy this time of year, but it was better this year than a few years back when I realized I've known him longer as a memory than as a dad. Twenty years this year... Love you, dad.

5 Comments:

Blogger the feeb said...

that's a great piece about your dad. happy christmas brother.

Tue Dec 06, 11:00:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Lucy Starcrest said...

I can't imagine a more beautiful elegy.

Tue Dec 06, 12:46:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Brian Kunath said...

That really brilliantly written.

Tue Dec 06, 04:21:00 PM 2005  
Blogger MO'SH said...

That's really great, Brother. It's funny, I was watching George Carlin's latest HBO special, and for some reason (medication, old age), he'd put a lot more weight on his face than when I'd last seen hime, and the first thing I thought was how much he looked like your dad.

And, wow, you got Jimmy to recognize Christmas!

Tue Dec 06, 05:13:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Morsel said...

It's a really sweet remembrance...I'm sure he'd be really touched by the tribute!

Tue Dec 06, 11:50:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home