Monday, August 31, 2026

Newsday TV Book, September 2-8, 1973.

I had already taken a brief look at this issue, but as part of a larger post for the entire month of September in 1973. I'm reprinting most of that here, and adding all day Monday, Friday, and Saturday as well! Let's start from the beginning, shall we?

 (The pics look better if you click on 'em. Just sayin'.)

The cover by Art Sudduth reflects the many cop shows premiering that fall (well before they were called "police procedurals").


I still love the detail that the real name of Room 222's Heshimu was Arlington Banks.

Here are the preview pages, which included the debut of Long Island's own WSNL 67, which lasted about twenty months. Here's a look at the TV Book for that Thanksgiving, when the channel began broadcasting, and another post about their resident kiddie show host, Captain Ahab.



Before I get to a few full day's schedules, here's just Sunday morning and late-night.

And now, all day Monday, Friday, and Saturday.



Whoops, let's throw in a bit of Wednesday--not for the listings, but because I dig the ad for Nichols Foot Form (in my hometown of Plainview, woot!), perhaps a bit late for back-to-school shopping...







Here's an ad I uploaded in the earlier post, and I'll just mention again that I love the juxtaposition of clip art with varying degrees of verisimilitude...
...and finally, this "Fall Preview Specials" page features a really neat CRT television illustration housing some really dull ads.
Happy September! More nincompoopy nostalgia coming soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home