Monday, December 19, 2005

A Ouija For Gigi...


Flipping through a New York Daily News from December 1980 (I prefer my news old), I found this Christmas Toys R Us ad, in which Geoffrey Giraffe has prominently placed the Satanic mystifying oracle on his shopping list.

Note how he strangely asserts "It's true, it's true!" I'm sure Crowley would have enjoyed spotting the subliminal phallic designs in there, too. Check out Geoff's snout, and the ear/helmet with scrotal pom-pom. Even the GS in "frogs" looks a little suspect to me.

Oh, and by the way, the Gigi of the post's title is Geoffrey's wife. But you probably already knew that, right? Also, while I'm learnin' you up some, Crowley is pronounced to rhyme with "slowly," not, um..."owl-ly" (which would be, like, being like an owl, I guess).

1 Comments:

Blogger MO'SH said...

I'm curious about the "leap frogs game."

You know, there's something strange about giraffes. Goats get a bad wrap about being devil-like, but the true hell-spawn might be the giraffe. Look at those friggin' things!

P.S. - I love giraffes!

Tue Dec 20, 11:36:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home