Saturday, November 12, 2005

The Five People You Meet in Hell.

Last week, Oprah asked George Clooney what five people he would like to have to dinner. I don't remember his answer, but then Donna asked me. I got stuck after Elvis Costello and Al Franken. As I was about to add Robert Anton Wilson, I instead turned the question to her. After a few minutes of thinking out loud through many possibilities, she finally settled on Denis Leary, Jim Carrey, Ian Wright (the perpetual traveller from Globe Trekker and Lonely Planet), Jeffrey Dahmer and Dennis "BTK" Rader. I started explaining why I felt that particular combination might not turn out as well as she may hope, and she told me that I shouldn't be able to criticize her answer. I couldn't argue with that and so stopped, silently imagining the awkward introductions (not to mention the mess to be cleaned after such a soiree).

As she prepared to walk out the door for work, I suggested "What about Manson?"

"Please," she declared, "I am so over Manson." Sorry, Charlie.

5 Comments:

Blogger MO'SH said...

That's the most fascinating exchange of the century!

Sat Nov 12, 03:39:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Brian Kunath said...

Overheard dinner party exchange: Can you please untie Ian and ask him to pass the Leary?

Sat Nov 12, 10:43:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Brian Kunath said...

I often wonder how Rader would be judged if his nickname meant: Blind Tickle and Kill.

Less horrible or more?

After all, it's just a quick leap from there to: Blind Tickle and Kiss.

Or to Bump Tickle and Kiss, which I think is a 50s dance.

Sun Nov 13, 01:31:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Morsel said...

What about that guy in Germany who placed a personal ad for someone who wanted to be eaten (literally) and someone actually replied! Now, that's a dinner guest!

Sun Nov 13, 07:15:00 PM 2005  
Blogger JGerardi said...

Glad to see you did meet your soulmate

Wed Nov 18, 04:14:00 PM 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home